Key Information for PAR REALTOR® Members
- If you do not have the PAR Legal Hotline phone number, contact the PAR Solutions Center at (800) 555-3390 and the team can assist after verifying your PAR membership.
- Visit PAR’s website and read the Just Listed article for additional tips and hints.
- Hours – Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., excluding holidays.
About the PAR Legal Hotline
The PAR Legal Hotline is answered by in-house PAR staff attorneys. Here are some points to remember during your call:
- The Hotline cannot substitute for your own legal counsel; it only provides legal information.
- Names or other parties or REALTORS® who may be involved in a particular transaction must not be mentioned.
- If you do not understand the information given, ask for further explanation.
- Hotline answers are based only on facts you provide. If facts are disputed, or if facts are not mentioned, Hotline answers could be different.
- The Hotline cannot provide legal guidance for your clients or customers. Advice is intended for your sole use. In case of legal dispute, suggest that the parties retain their own legal counsel.
Who can use it
Any REALTOR® member of the Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS® in good standing can utilize the Legal Hotline.
What you can ask
The attorney who takes your call will be prepared to answer questions pertinent to the brokerage of real estate and membership in the REALTOR® organization, such as:
- Pennsylvania Real Estate Licensing and Registration Act (RELRA)
- Rules and Regulations of the State Real Estate Commission
- Real Estate Appraisers Certification Act
- Conduct of real estate brokerage
- PAR Standard Forms
- Association operations
- Due Process (Board Executives or Officers only)
What you cannot ask
No question will be answered on matters unrelated to real estate or on matters currently in legal proceedings. Ethics or Arbitration questions should be directed to the Greater Harrisburg Association of REALTORS® staff at (717) 364-3200. Questions from unauthorized callers will be refused regardless of content.