(October 27, 2023)
Several local Central PA charities received a helping hand from members of the Greater Harrisburg Association of Realtors® (GHAR).
During the month of October, members of GHAR partook in the Realtors® Reach Out initiative, an annual statewide initiative powered by the Pennsylvania Association of Realtors®. Over the past 15 years, local Realtor® associations have raise over $583,000, amass 55,000 pounds of food, and donated thousands of meals to charitable entities across Pennsylvania.
This year, an impressive total of 58 Realtors® took to the streets, rendering services across various day-work projects for different organizations:
- Community Cares: Here, Realtors® showcased their organizational skills, streamlining the donation/pantry room, detailing the transportation van, and freshening up the lobby with a new coat of paint.
- New Hope Ministries: In the spirit of Halloween, members packed delightful Halloween goodie bags and adorned the facility in festive decorations.
- Family Promise: Realtors® combined their horticultural expertise with handy skills, attending to fall outdoor maintenance, installing childproofing mechanisms, and addressing other facility needs.
- Wildheart Ministries: Preparations were underway for the anticipated fall festival, with members stepping in to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Central PA Food Bank: Marking the culmination of the month-long efforts, volunteers assembled over 350 boxes of food to support the food banks senior citizen program that provides food to over 7,000 local seniors in need.
Laurie Carney, Foundation Board President, remarked, “The Realtors Reach Out initiative is not just about hands-on aid; it’s about the heartbeat of a community. The kind of dedication and unity displayed by our Realtors® is unmatched. Their commitment paves the way for a brighter, better-connected Harrisburg.”
GHAR is proud to have partnered with these local organizations to give back to the community this October. We look forward to continuing to grow our relationships with these organizations and create a better place to live.